Drug and Controlled Substances
If you have been arrested for drug possession, distribution or manufacturing, our offices can provide you with thorough, attentive representation. Penalties for drug possession, distribution and manufacturing, if convicted, can result in mandatory minimum penalties including jail time.
If you were convicted of possession of marijuana, you may be subject to the following penalties:
- Possession of less than thirty (30) grams can result in jail time up to thirty (30) days and a $500.00 fine.
- Possession of more than thirty (30) grams can result in jail time of up to one (1) year and fines up to $5,000.00.
- In addition to the above, PennDOT mandates a six (6) month loss of license associated with convictions for drug charges.
If you were convicted of possession of cocaine, heroin, meth, or other controlled substances, including prescription drugs, you can be subject to the following:
- First offense can result in jail time up to one (1) years and/or a fine in the amount of $5,000.00;
- Second offense can result in incarceration up to two (2) years;
- Third offense can result in incarceration for up to three (3) years;
- A minimum penalty of five (5) years incarceration is associated with possessing crack cocaine in an amount greater than five (5) grams.
If you have been accused of distributing marijuana or possession of drug paraphernalia, you may be subject to the following:
- Jail time up to one (1) year and/or maximum fine of $2,500.00.
- For distribution to a minor, you may be subject to a felony charge and incarceration up to two (2) years and a maximum $5,000.00 fine.
- Penalties for possessing, delivering or manufacturing cocaine, heroin, meth and other substances categorized by the Federal Drug Schedule. For more information regarding crimes associated with drug and controlled
substances, call us. We represent clients in criminal cases in Montgomery, Berks and Chester Counties.