Speeding – Traffic Tickets
In addition to the paying of a fine if issued a speeding or traffic ticket, you may also experience an increase in car insurance premiums. The accumulation of points may result in a suspension of your driver’s license or termination of insurance by your insurance carrier. Even an out-of-state ticket can affect your Pennsylvania driver’s license.
If you are under 18 or possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), different guidelines may apply placing you at greater risk for driver’s license suspension. If you have lost your license, our offices can assist in obtaining a Restoration Requirements letter and help you evaluate your best course of action for getting your license back. Additionally, you may be eligible for an Occupational Limited License (OLL).
In evaluating every case, we consider the following:
1. Any conclusion of the issuing officer which appears subjective;
2. Evidence that can raise doubt as to any observations made by the issuing officer;
3. Whether the violation is subject to a “Mistake of Fact”;
4. Establishing your conduct was justified; and
5. Establishing conduct was required to avoid an accident or a danger to yourself or others.
For more information regarding speeding and traffic tickets, call us. We represent clients in speeding and traffic ticket cases in Montgomery, Berks and Chester Counties.